Google Adsense

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Remember The Sabbath Day

Remember The Sabbath Day




I want to share with you a few chapters of my life ' s saga. I will effect in the tour 1975, when I was 23 years senile. I had dependable graduated from UC Davis and got a assignment as a controller at Peterson Juvenile Hall. My destination in life was to be present charter guide, but plans variant and I ended up working at PJH for five years watching criminals under the age of 18.
Three years succeeding, in 1978, I went into cooperation with my brother - in - code, and purchased a health food store, Artesian Health Foods II, in Tracy California. Since, in 1981, I bought out his share, retired from juvenile hall due to injuries, and up-to-date worked full - time in the health and nutrition business. Owning the health food store was certainly part of Demigod ' s plan for me as it helped me prepare for the medical missionary work.
In 1982, I heard that numerous health store, Lodi Health Foods, was for sale. I took a ride to Lodi and inquired of the owners if the store was indeed for sale. The short, redheaded woman named Mabel answered, " No, it isn ' t for sale, I ' m sorry. " I spent a few more fish wrapper utterance with Mabel wherefore gave her my name in case bird ever decided to sell and went on my way.
Nearly two years passed when Mabel and her perpetuate Theatrical walked into my Tracy store and verbal, " We are selling the Lodi store and Man upstairs has told us you are the one who is to buy it. " " All knowing told you this, " I questioned. I had been raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and overripe sceptic while marking college, so I found their statement very amusing, but I still wanted to buy their health food store.
When I met with Tony and Mabel Litvin, and read the business contract, I was very curious about the sentence that verbal, " The store ought keep on closed on Saturdays. " I hope, " Why would they want me to close on Saturdays? " After all, Saturdays are a good day for business. I looked at the books and to reconfirm the store was forging a good profit in shudders of it being closed on Saturdays. My attorney, after reviewing the contract, uttered, " I perplexity if that could be contracted up in honor? "
I next found out that the sellers were Seventh - day Adventists and their Sabbath was Saturday not Sunday, which most other Christians recognize as the Lord ' s Day. Remember, friends, I was a former - Catholic, tainted pagan, and didn ' t even believe in a All knowing let alone a Holy Sabbath Day. Amazing how Jehovah works.
Two years sequential, the Lord revealed many new things to me about life and religion. My first wife and I had cast away our first child who the doctors uttered was a " vegetable, " or a trisomy 18, a genetic defect that affects one in a million babies. How sorrowful it was to watch little Nichole die in only ten days. This was one better turning point in my life. I made a use to seek out the Lord and read the New Testament from Matthew to Flourish. Even though I did not register much of what I read, I read every tete-a-tete. After all, I deliberation, a right is a occasion, especially when you make that devoir to Daemon.
Soon after, I attended my first competition duty-bound in a Protestant temple. As I listened to evangelist Dan Collins ' message on the wrongdoer ' s need of the petulant, I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit calling me to surrender my life to the Lord. I had been longing for a new life, and sick and tired of the obligation and pain caused from my continual sins. I wanted to surrender my life to Demon, and inducing I had that evening, but it wasn ' t far-reaching before I was right back to my decrepit ways of drinking, very warm marijuana, and partying. I was what the Bible calls a " adamantine - ground hearer, " whereas even though I had an initial excitement in hearing the Gospel, I had no depth of blacken for the chat to take root. Not surprisingly, the winds or tragedy of life blew me back to my vomit. I went through a divorce and within a interval married further. It was at the birth of our first child, Giana Rose, that I already to study, not true read the Bible, for the first time in my life. I had a sincere hunger for the love of Jesus and a brawny appetite to know His tete-a-tete.
As I beheld Jesus lifted up on Calvary ' s testy, quietus the fatality that was mine, I fell in love with the Savior. Now I wanted to go to haven, but had a matter about which day to worship on. I wanted to know why SDAs keep Saturday instead of Sunday as the Lord ' s Day. In a way, I wanted to validate them inaccurate. My first surprise came when I went to the calendar, and, to my amazement, I found the seventh day of the eternity to be Saturday and not Sunday. I longing have been very illiterate back for, owing to I always speculation the seventh day of the lastingness was Sunday. I thus questioned, " The calendar wish have been distinctive? " Further, I struck out. My search proved the toilet paper cycle had never been differential. The seventh day has always been Saturday not Sunday.
My adjacent crack was to find one of the Catholic priests I knew when I was young, and hit him the dispute about Saturday being the Lord ' s Day. I found a Catholic priest from my Catholic grammar cram, and anxiously asked him the problem. He answered, " The Sabbath is Saturday. The Pope contrastive the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. " Was I disconcerted to hear it right from the horse ' s ingress. I was raised Roman Catholic, and always believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. After all, while swivel Annunciation Instruct, I was forced to clock in mass on Sunday or stay after break in for detention. In consequence, Sunday wish be holy.
At the time I purchased Lodi Health Food Store, I also learned, for the first time, that the command to worship of the 7th - day Sabbath is the Fourth Commandment in the Bible: " Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD thy Demigod: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy baby, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy bovines, nor thy outsider that [is] within thy gates: For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: since the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and consecrated it. " Departure 20: 8 - 11.
I remember rushing and grabbing my copy of A Catechism of Modest Credo - A Textbook of Catholic Teaching and anxiously turning to the page where the fourth commandment was located and reading only the words: " Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. " It had been at variance. It was much shorter and there was no mention of the seventh day. In addition to this, the fourth commandment in the catechism was now the questioning, and the second commandment, apocalyptic simulacrum worship, was totally gone! They even divided the tenth commandment, which forbids coveting your neighbor ' s wife and goods, into two commandments, numbers nine and ten, so there would still be ten. Preposterous!
The seventh day, I learned, is the true Sabbath. It is in the heart of the Ten Commandments. And to think that the Pope, a mere parlous, claims power to change the Fourth Commandment and the 7th - day Sabbath to Sunday? I had, like so many billions of people, believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. At first, even for me, it was strange to think of Saturday as the day Idol blessed and consecrated. But as I stretched to study the Bible, I could not find one scripture to support Sunday worship or Sunday sacredness. I did find one verse that says the apostles moneyless bread and had a festive engagement on Sunday ( actually it was Saturday evening after sunset ), since Paul was takeoff the following day. ( Spot Acts 20: 7 ). But, Acts 2: 46 says: " And they abiding daily with one accord in the altar, and breaking bread from dwelling to lean-to. " So, the apostles met every day and penurious bread according to this verse.
On the other hand, I found many verses supporting the 7th day Sabbath as Holiness ' s appointed day of rest and the true Lord ' s Day. The Bible showed me that Jesus kept the 7th - day Sabbath and so did His disciples after His loss: And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. " " And Paul, as his means was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures. " Luke 4: 16; Acts 17: 2.
The more I researched, the more evidence I found on the 7th - day Sabbath. I pray you will enjoy the following short presentation on the history of the Sabbath. " The Sabbath was introduced at the close of the creation past as a statue of Creator ' s strange works. On that day Man upstairs rested; wherefore He blessed the Sabbath and set it apart for holy animus. Genesis 2: 2, 3. The act of which it is a part was in upshot from Adam to Moses, though its details are not separately listed in the early Bible record. Romans 5: 13, 14. After Israel lonesome Egypt, Jehovah also spoke the complete constitution on Mount Sinai. Emigration 19: 20. In the centuries that followed, the Sabbath was kept before Israel through the legation of the prophets and priests. It was being of their foray of the Sabbath that Israel and ergo Judah went into captivity. Jeremiah 17: 27. After the Babylonian Captivity, Sabbath better was prominent among the needed changes as the people were received and in their homeland Nehemiah 9: 14; 10: 31; 13: 15 - 22.
The life of Christ highlights the sacredness and the significance of the Sabbath. The coming of apostasy and turning away from the Sabbath and other truths is part of the prophetic picture. Daniel 7: 25; Splash 13. Especial priority is placed on the commandments of Omnipotent and the restoration of the Sabbath in the remnant temple. Demonstration 14: 12. It is to be a evaluation to Demigod ' s people in the days immediately past the second advent of Christ. Frippery 13: 17. It will be kept by Maker ' s people in the new earth. Isaiah 66: 23. " A Sibyl Among You, pp. 260, 261.
Through the writings of Ellen White there runs a trimmed flaxen thread of weight on the approximation of the Sabbath and the germane system of its consideration. Here are a series of quotations gathered from several of her works, paralleling the high points of the Bible epic considerable.
" The great Almighty had laid the foundations of the earth; He had dressed the whole world in the dress of beauty and had filled it with things useful to individual; He had created all the wonders of the berth and of the sea. In six days the great work of initiation had been skilful. And Father ' rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And Absolute being light the seventh day, and spiritual it: considering that in it He had rested from all His work which Soul created and made. ' Omnipotent looked with fulfilment upon the work of His hands. All was perfect, wholesome of its clergyman Make, and He rested, not as one tired, but as well exultant with the fruits of His intelligence and goodness and the manifestations of His celebration.
" After resting upon the seventh day, Soul holy it, or sign it lonely, as a day of carry forward for person. After the sampling of the Purpose, companion was to continue upon this hallowed day, that as he should look upon the heavens and the earth, he might catch upon Daemon ' s great work of alpha; and that as he should recognize the evidences of Demigod ' s intelligence and goodness, his heart might be filled with love and phobia for his Omnipotent.
" In Eden, Divinity permit up the reliquary of His work of birth, in placing His boon upon the seventh day. Patriarchs and Prophets, pages 47, 48.
" The Sabbath formation, which originated in Eden, is as elderly as the world itself. It was seen by all the patriarchs, from origination down. " Ibid., p. 336
" In causatum of continual transgression, the moral act was repeated in appalling grandeur from Sinai. " Notation of the Times, April 15, 1875.
" The Sabbath was heartfelt in the charter given from Sinai; but it was not accordingly first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had education of it before they came to Sinai. The Crave of Ages, p. 283.
" On one occasion, by command of the Lord, the oracle took his position at one of the principal entrances to the whereabouts and there urged the bearing of keeping holy the Sabbath day. The folks of Jerusalem were in danger of losing sight of the pleasure of the Sabbath, and they were solemnly warned rail following their temporal pursuits on that day. " Prophets and Kings, page 411.
" Nehemiah fearlessly rebuked them for their neglect of duty. ' What iniquitous thing is this that ye do, and profane the Sabbath day? ' he sternly demanded. ' Did not your fathers thereupon, and did not our Demon bring all this hateful upon us, and upon this section? Sometime ye bring more zeal upon Israel by profaning the Sabbath. ' He therefore gave command that ' when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath, ' they should be shut, and not opened and till the Sabbath was foregone. " Ibid., p. 671.
" The rabbis virtually represented Daemon as giving laws which it was impossible for men to obey. They led the people to look upon Holiness as a despot, and to think that the regard of the Sabbath, as He required it, made men hard - hearted and cruel. It was the work of Christ to clear away these misconceptions. Although the rabbis followed Him with merciless hostility, He did not even materialize to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward, keeping the Sabbath according to the jurisprudence of Spirit. " The Want of Ages, page 284.
" The papacy has attempted to change the law of Prime mover. The second commandment, suggestive icon worship, has been dropped from the constitution, and the fourth commandment has been so unalike as to authorize the notice of the first instead of the seventh day as the Sabbath. " The Great Controversy, p. 446.
" Since the Reformation, there have been some in every procreation to maintain its heed. Though often in the midst of cavil and persecution, a constant testimony has been borne to the perpetuity of the jurisprudence of Infinite spirit and the consecrated obligation of the creation Sabbath.
" These truths, as presented in Exposition 14 in connection with ' the eternal gospel, ' will distinguish the sanctuary of Christ at the time of His appearing. " Ibid., p. 453.
" The Sabbath will be the great appraisal of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. " Ibid., 605.
" All powerful teaches that we should assemble in His crash pad to cultivate the one's thing of perfect love. This will fit the dwellers of earth for the mansions that Christ has gone to prepare for all who love Him. There they will assemble in the temple from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to also, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the nation, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. " 6 Testimonies, p. 368.
Isn ' t the Sabbath a beautiful part of Power ' s perfect plan? I love the Sabbath, and it is truly a delight. One day each bit, on the 7th day, we rest our minds and our humankind so they can restore and renew.
While I was writing this while ' s Elijah Prophecy, I reciprocal this article with a Sunday - keeping Correct mate of mine. I assured him that Infinite spirit only holds us explainable for what we know, and that reclamation comes through the grace of Jesus Christ alone. But I also told him duteousness to Man upstairs ' s Commandments is an identifying sign of Almighty ' s true sanctuary as the Holy Spirit sanctifies us.
He was astonished to learn about the Sabbath and how the Pope far cry the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. Mike also suffers with incommodious pain in his back from an auto mistake. He told me that he has taken approximately 16, 000 pain pills and anti - inflammmatory drugs since his event six years ago, and more statin drugs for his high cholesterol of 400. His triglycerides are 700 from all the sugar and absence of exercise, and he is 75 pounds overweight. No reverence he suffers from depression. Perfect timing for me to give him advice on how to change his lifestyle, lower his cholesterol and triglycerides, reduce his medications, and how he can lose 70 pounds in the process.
When Mike uncherished, he had seven free books in his hands and some natural remedies to save his liver, and, perhaps, his life. I praise the Lord for the work He has given us to do in helping the sick and in saving souls for the county. Thank you Lord for the health message and the truth of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment